The historic Village, museum and farm are currently closed for the season.
Plan NOW to join us for Baby Animals on the Shaker Farm, opening April 16, 2016!
The 2016 season: Open every day from April 16 to October 30
Special GUIDED TOURS are available year-round! Call 413-443-0188, x 100, to schedule.
Members are always FREE! Join today.
Adults $20 (many discounts apply)
Youths (ages 13-17) $8
HSV Members FREE
Children (12 and under) FREE
The American Icons discount ticket program includes The Mount, Chesterwood, Norman Rockwell Museum and Hancock Shaker Village. Buy a ticket at Hancock Shaker Village at the regular adult rate of $20 and get $3 off at each of the “icons” you visit next! Just show your HSV receipt at the next site and ask for the American Icons discount. Offer valid through Columbus Day 2016 on full-price adult admission only; cannot be combined with other discounts.
Our authentic Shaker site has 750 acres of rolling pasture and woodlands surrounding a walkable Village with 20 historic buildings, including the world-famous Round Stone Barn, a farm with heritage-breed animals, and extensive gardens of herbs, flowers and produce.
Expert interpreters and crafts demonstrators in many buildings bring the Shaker story to life!
At the Visitor Center Be sure to see Heaven on Earth, an exhibition of Shaker furniture and artifacts in our Main Gallery. Watch Your Visit, a short film about the Shakers, in the theatre behind the Ticket Desk.
Across Route 20 Opening Memorial Day weekend, you’ll find the Meetinghouse, Ministry Shop, Schoolhouse and Horse Barn, as well as the Shaker Cemetery. Be sure to cross only at the designated crosswalk.
Shop for oval boxes and other handcrafted items in our Village Store, (also available online).
Dine in the full-service Village Harvest Cafe, open every day for lunch and snacks during the season.
DAILY IN THE HISTORIC VILLAGE (included in regular admission)
- 11 am: Learn about the Shakers at this Interpreter’s Talk in the Brick Dwelling
- Noon: Explore the Round Stone Barn and HSV’s glorious gardens on the Farm & Garden Tour
- 1 pm: Go with the flow! See a demonstration of the water turbine in the Laundry & Machine Shop
- 1:30 pm Enjoy a live demonstration of Shaker Music & Dance in the Brick Dwelling
- 3 pm: Learn about the Shakers at the Interpreter’s Talk in the Brick Dwelling
- Ongoing: Watch demonstrations of such traditional Shaker trade crafts as black-smithing and oval box-making. Special theme days include “Woodworking Tuesdays” and “Weaving Wednesdays”
- Kids — explore a variety of Shaker-related activities in the newly renovated Discovery Barn
- Make the most of our miles of hiking trails — our Farm & Forest Trail is perfect for baby strollers!
- Relax and sit a while at indoor and outdoor picnic areas
Walking tour map is available in English, French, German, Japanese and Spanish. Or rent our Audio Tour for $2, available in English, German, French and Italian. iPad stations in several locations in the Village take you deeper into the Shaker story. Our orientation video is captioned in English for the hearing impaired; a script version is also available.
GUIDED TOURS Go to Programs & Events for more information. Advance reservation required.
DISABLED ACCESS The Visitor Center, Center for Shaker Studies, restrooms, galleries, Village Store, Village Harvest Cafe and all meeting spaces at Hancock Shaker Village are wheelchair accessible. Compact-dirt pathways and wooden boardwalks throughout the Village provide access to the gardens and grounds, as well as the mile-long Farm & Forest Trail, which also features interpretive signage. Some buildings in the historic Village are wheelchair accessible via ramp, including the Round Stone Barn, however most buildings are NOT. Wheelchairs are available free of charge with advance reservation. Call 413.443.0188 x 100.
PETS Because Hancock Shaker Village is a working farm with livestock and poultry, pets are not allowed on the Village grounds. Service dogs are welcome, however.