Museum, historic Village, Farm and Store open daily 10 am to 4 pm through late June and until 5 pm July through October.
Adults $20 (discounted to $18 for Seniors, AAA members, MTA cardholders and U.S. Military both active and retired)
Youth (ages 13-18) $8
Members are always FREE! Join today.
Children (12 and under) are always FREE on family visits, courtesy of
Learn more about our Discovery Weekends, featuring talks, tours and demonstrations included in regular admission, as well as engaging fee-based workshops taught by experts — go to Programs & Events and click on Workshops to download the complete schedule.
Starting Memorial Day weekend, the American Icons program kicks off discount-ticketing with The Mount, Chesterwood, Norman Rockwell Museum and Hancock Shaker Village. Here’s how it works: Buy a ticket at Hancock Shaker Village at the regular adult rate of $20, and get $3 off at each of the “icons” you visit next! Just show your HSV receipt at the next museum and ask for the American Icons discount. Offer valid through Columbus Day 2016 on full-price adult admission only — cannot be combined with other discounts.
Our authentic Shaker site has 750 acres of rolling pasture and woodlands surrounding a walkable historic Village with 20 buildings, including the world-famous Round Stone Barn, a working farm with heritage-breed animals, and extensive gardens of vegetables, herbs and flowers.
Museum educators and expert crafts demonstrators in many buildings bring the Shaker story to life!
At the Visitor Center Experience Heaven on Earth, an exhibit of Shaker furniture and artifacts on view in our Main Gallery.
Watch Your Visit, a short film about the Shakers, in the theatre behind the Ticket Desk.
Across Route 20 Opening Memorial Day weekend, you’ll find the Meetinghouse, Ministry Shop, Schoolhouse and Horse Barn, as well as the Shaker Cemetery. Be sure to cross Route 20 at the designated crosswalk only.
Shop for oval boxes and other handcrafted items in our Village Store, (also available online).
Dine in the full-service Village Harvest Cafe, open every day for lunch and snacks during the season.
Here’s what’s happening DAILY (included in regular admission)
- 11 am Learn about the Shakers at this Interpreter’s Talk in the Brick Dwelling
- Noon Explore the Round Stone Barn and HSV’s glorious gardens on the Farm & Garden Tour
- 1 pm Go with the flow! See a demonstration of the water turbine in the Laundry & Machine Shop
- 1:30 pm Enjoy a live demonstration of Shaker Music & Dance in the Brick Dwelling
- 3 pm Learn about the Shakers at the Interpreter’s Talk in the Brick Dwelling
BEGINNING JUNE 27TH
- 2-4 pm Visit the School House and see if you can get a passing grade
- 4 pm Enjoy a live demonstration of Shaker Music & Dance in the Brick Dwelling
- 4:30 pm Go with the flow! See a demonstration of the water turbine in the Laundry & Machine Shop
ALL DAY EVERYDAY
- Ongoing Watch demonstrations of such traditional Shaker trade crafts as black-smithing and oval box-making
- Kids — explore a variety of Shaker-related activities in the newly expanded Discovery Barn
- Make the most of our miles of hiking trails — our Farm & Forest Trail is perfect for baby strollers!
- Relax and sit a while at indoor and outdoor picnic areas
Walking tour map is available in English, French, German, Japanese and Spanish. Or rent our Audio Tour for $2, available in English, German, French and Italian. iPad stations in several locations in the Village take you deeper into the Shaker story. Our orientation video is captioned in English for the hearing impaired; a script version is also available.
GUIDED TOURS Go to Programs & Events for more information. Advance reservation required.
DISABLED ACCESS The Visitor Center, Center for Shaker Studies, restrooms, galleries, Village Store, Village Harvest Cafe and all meeting spaces at Hancock Shaker Village are wheelchair accessible. Compact-dirt pathways and wooden boardwalks throughout the Village provide access to the gardens and grounds, as well as the mile-long Farm & Forest Trail, which also features interpretive signage. Some buildings in the historic Village are wheelchair accessible via ramp, including the Round Stone Barn, however most buildings are NOT. Wheelchairs are available free of charge with advance reservation. Call 413.443.0188 x 100.
PETS Because Hancock Shaker Village is a working farm with livestock and poultry, pets are not allowed on the Village grounds. Service dogs are welcome, however.