Join us for an evening of Shaker-inspired hospitality in the 1830 Brick Dwelling.
2013 Traditional Shaker Suppers on:
A 4pm Guided Tour occurs before supper. Interpreters in period attire present an introduction to Shaker life as you view the Village’s premier collection of Shaker furniture and artifacts in selected buildings.
After a cider and cheese reception in the spacious kitchen of the historic Brick Dwelling (beer and wine available for purchase), dinner is served by candle light in the Believers’ Dining Room. The menu varies, and includes soup, entrees, accompaniments, and desserts selected from The Best of Shaker Cooking by Amy Bess Miller. The main course is served buffet style so you may savor an assortment of Shaker flavors.
Typical Bill of Fare
- Lentil Soup
- Garden salad with a vinaigrette dressing; bread
- Cranberry Pot Roast, Chicken Pot Pie
- Green and Red Cabbage, Carrot Pudding
- Scalloped Parsnips, green beans with dill and watercress
- Sister Mary’s Bread Pudding; Coffee
- A plain chicken breast (gluten-free) or vegetarian entree is available by advance request.
To register by phone, please call 413.443.0188 x100. Your confirmation packet will contain detailed information regarding arrival times, check-in, your Guided Tour and the evening’s schedule.