Join us for an evening of Shaker-inspired hospitality
Reserve your place now for a Traditional Shaker Supper, a special dining experience in an unparalleled setting
Sunday, October 12, from 4 to 8 pm
Saturday, October 18, from 4 to 8 pm
Interpreters in period attire guide you on a tour of select buildings to see Shaker furniture and artifacts. Then you head to the Brick Dwelling for a cider and cheese reception. (Beer and wine is also available for purchase). Dinner is served by candlelight in the Believers’ Dining Room, where you feast on traditional Shaker dishes from The Best of Shaker Cooking by Amy Bess Miller. (Entrees are served buffet-style so you can savor more than one.) A brief program of Shaker music completes the evening. The menu of a typical Shaker Supper includes:
- Lentil Soup
- Garden salad with vinaigrette dressing
- Cranberry Pot Roast and Chicken Pot Pie
- Green and red cabbage, carrot pudding, scalloped parsnips, green beans with dill and watercress
- Coffee or tea and Sister Mary’s bread pudding
- Plain chicken breast (gluten-free) or vegetarian entree is available by advance request.
$65 per person; $60 for members
To register by phone, call 413.443.0188 x 100. Become a Member and receive a discount on your Shaker Supper! Payment in full is required at the time of reservation. Cancellations are not refundable.