This unassuming building has had a long and interesting life at Hancock Shaker Village. It was originally built in 1922 as a summer house for the sisters, and was located near the southwest corner of the Brick Dwelling. It was a simple shingle-style structure with screens so the sisters could relax in the afternoon and evening breezes.
In 1961 the building was moved and began to function as a ticket desk for the museum. It was later moved once again onto the foundations of an older Shaker tool shed and now serves as tool storage for HSV garden staff. Today, the Garden Tool Shed provides seed sorting space for our CSA program.