There are many oppurtunities to help bring the Shaker story to life. Here are just a few:
- Dairy Maid - Churn butter, make cheese, and chat with visitors!
- 19th Century Schoolteacher - Share Shaker lessons with slates & steel-nubbed pens.
- Blacksmith - show off your metalware craftsmanship.
- Singer - Share “Simple Gifts” and other songs in the Meeting House.
- Greeter - Welcome visitors with a smiling face and an overview of the day’s activities.
- Discovery Room - Assist young visitors in our fun hands-on activity center.
- Shaker Crafts Demonstrator - be the tradition bearer to a new generation!
- Garden Assistant - Help tend the Village’s gardens and orchard.
If you have questions, or have a skill you’d like to share that is not listed, please contact Michelle Richard, Volunteer Coordinator at 443-0188 ext. 274, or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.