We can always use your help bringing the Shaker story to life! Volunteer opportunities at Hancock Shaker Village include:
- Dairy Maid - Churn butter, make cheese, and chat with visitors!
- Schoolteacher - Share 19-century lessons, slates & steel-nubbed pens.
- Blacksmith - Show off your metalware craftsmanship.
- Singer - Share “Simple Gifts” and other songs in the Meeting House.
- Greeter - Welcome visitors with a smile and the day’s activities.
- Discovery Room - Assist young visitors in our hands-on activity center.
- Crafts Demonstrator - Teach traditional crafts to a new generation!
- Garden Assistant - Tend the Village’s gardens and orchard.
Contact Todd Burdick, Director of Interpretation and Public Programs, at 443-0188 ext. 216, or firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.