We can always use your help bringing the Shaker story to life! Volunteer opportunities at Hancock Shaker Village include:
- Dairy Maid – Churn butter, make cheese, and chat with visitors!
- Schoolteacher – Share 19-century lessons, slates & steel-nubbed pens.
- Blacksmith – Show off your metalware craftsmanship.
- Singer – Share “Simple Gifts” and other songs in the Meeting House.
- Greeter – Welcome visitors with a smile and the day’s activities.
- Discovery Room – Assist young visitors in our hands-on activity center.
- Crafts Demonstrator - Teach traditional crafts to a new generation!
- Garden Assistant – Tend the Village’s gardens and orchard.
Contact Todd Burdick, Director of Interpretation and Public Programs, at 443-0188 ext. 216, or email@example.com, for more information.